Revolutionary Practice for iPad and iPhone
Music Journal is the only app designed around the practice needs of real musicians. Whether you're tracking a few scales or a full concert repertoire, this app gets the bookkeeping out of your way so you can focus on the music.
“You can't believe how many spreadsheet and practice notes I've made to keep on top of things in the past. This makes it so much easier.”
Make the most of every minute -- Music Journal lets you concentrate without getting bogged down. You'll manage your practice routine with a tap, see at a glance which pieces you haven't practiced lately, automatically log practice time and BPM for each song, and always start at the right speed with the built-in metronome.
“This update is awesome. With a built-in metronome I don't need any other apps.”
No More Wasted Time
Manage your daily practice routine, organize the pieces you study, and track your progress. See at a glance what pieces you haven't practiced in a while. Export a summary report for your next lesson, or to share with friends. The interface is simple and tracking songs takes only a tap, so it doesn't slow you down.
“Love your little app. I go from classical to jazz standards to blues and everything in between, including scales. This app keeps it all together in one great little idea! i really feel like my studies have purpose now instead of being all over the place.”
When you sit down to practice, don’t waste your time remembering what you still need to practice or how far you’ve gotten. Need to run through a half-dozen warmup exercises, then rehearse the songs for an upcoming show or recital? No problem, they’re all in one place, complete with speed, comments, and history. Separate time graphs for each subfolder means the entire family can track their progress on one device.
“We have been using the journal for my son's piano lessons over the last week or so, and I am finding it really helpful. I know which scales he has done and if some have not been practiced for a few days.”
No Setup Required
- Just enter song name and hit play
- Add additional information whenever you like
- Timer tracks your practice for every scale and song
- Set the beats per minute (BPM) and play along
- Metronome always starts at the speed you last practiced
- Perfect as a count-in when playing at full tempo
Track Your Progress
- View detailed practice times for each song or group of songs
- Beautiful graphs show total/average practice over time
- Track your speed in BPM to see how you improve
- Vary your repertoire by choosing songs you haven't practiced recently
- Keep songs organized in folders by composer, instrument, etc.
- Rearrange songs and add subfolders when you need
- Attach optional notes, color labels, and BPM goals to every song
- Import and export your data by email
- Share a summary report with a music teacher or friends
- Universal app — designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
“This app is amazing! Thank you thank you thank you! I have used it for 3 months and recorded many hours of practice. It has helped with my scheduling, practice, and keeping a log.”